Most homeowners have encountered roofing problems at some point in their lives. From small leaks to major cracking, roofs suffer from a number of common ailments that demand the immediate attention of experienced contractors for roofing and home addition contractor in Elkhart and Mishawaka In. To help you out, HomeWorks Remodeling and Restoration, an emergency storm damage restoration expert in Mishawaka, and Southbend, In, listed a few of the most frequent reasons that will force you to call a roof repair service contractor in Elkhart, Southbend and Mishawaka.
A word of caution: Repairing roofs is not only tricky, but it can also be dangerous. In most cases, it’s best not to fix the problem yourself. Instead, call a professional roof repair company and a home addition contractor in Elkhart like HomeWorks Remodeling and Restoration to get the job done right. Before you can take steps to prevent roofing problems, you need to be able to identify them.
These are the most common roofing issues:
- Poor installation – Get it right the first time and use a professional roofing contractor. Not using a professional the first time will cost you more in the long run. Avoid ongoing maintenance and frequent repairs by using a licensed roofing company.
- A lack of maintenance – neglecting your roof can be a common cause of major roofing problems. Treat your home like the investment is, and protect the people and property inside it.
- Poor repairs – DIY roof repairs may make your roofing problems worse. Unless you know the correct repair techniques, don’t take a guess and give it a go. Get a free roofing quote from a licensed and reputable roofing company.
- Type of roofing – choosing the wrong type of roof for the pitch and slope may result in major problems. We’ve worked with every kind of roof and material combination. If you don’t know what material you need, ask. One material may be perfect for a steeply sloping roof, but it may not be right for a flat, or neat-flat roof.
- Flashing – roofing flashing is a great way to protect your roof. But, if the installation is less than perfect, or the wrong type of flashing is used, water will find a way into your home.
- Inadequate ceiling cavity ventilation – an important problem that is over overlooked. Without adequate ventilation, moisture and heat can damage your roof.
If you take steps, you can prevent most major roofing problems:
- Hire a licensed roofing company with a long history and great track record, like HomeWorks. We know the best roofing materials and techniques for the area you live in.
- Make it a habit and check for problems, or call a professional to do it. The initial cost of a professional roof inspection far outweighs the cost of repair. If you catch a roofing problem sooner rather than later, your bank account will thank you.
- It’s worth repeating again: fix a minor problem before it becomes a major problem. Your home is your biggest asset and should receive commensurate attention.
- Being hands-on is great, but if you’re unsure how to complete DIY roof repairs, you should call a professional. Avoid greater damage and the risk of injury. If you’re unsure, don’t do it.
- When choosing a roofing contractor or roof repair service, check their license. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! You should not work with a roofing service or roofing contractor that is not insured. If an accident happens, you may be liable if your roofing contract can’t pay the bill. Having adequate insurance coverage is also a hallmark of professionalism.
If you need a thorough inspection, routine maintenance, or emergency roof repair, contact HomeWorks Remodeling and Restoration. Our team of experienced professionals provides immediate emergency repairs to all of our valued customers. For your line by line full disclosure estimate call today ! 574-842-WORK!