When you’re choosing the perfect kitchen cabinet hardware, think about the number of times you’ll touch these pieces every day. If your cabinet pulls look and feel good and function well, you’re sure to derive pleasure from them. At HomeWorks, a kitchen remodeling company in Mishawaka and South Bend, we have narrowed down some tips on choosing the cabinet hardware. Kitchen cabinetry doesn’t come cheap, but if you’re planning to stay put in your home for a long while, it’s worth spending to get exactly what you want, including the built-ins that enable you to live clutter-free. It’s easy to get caught up in selecting the larger items, such as cabinetry, countertops or flooring for your kitchen when building a new home addition. A project isn’t complete until you’ve selected the right hardware that strikes a balance between flow and function, that’s why you need a home addition contractor in Elkhart and home addition contractor in Mishawaka.
Cabinet hardware comes in a variety of types, sizes, styles, materials, and finishes. So, what should you pick? Read HomeWorks’ tips on choosing the perfect kitchen cabinet hardware.
Choosing the color and finish
- Strip down to the undertones
- Hardware on white cabinets will steal the show, so it’s a great opportunity to go bold!
- If you have warm tones, go with gold, blacks, or bronze.
- If you have a cold grey, then silvers, pewters, blacks and stainless will work.
- Take note of lighting, appliances, and other metal accents in the room and stick to the same tone.
Matching with home decor is not a necessity.
- Think about coordinating more than matching.
- There is a flow that can be achieved from room to room by coordinating finishes, but it is much more pleasing to see variety than the same canvas in every room of the home.
Choosing between pulls or knobs isn’t a rule, rather a preference.
- Knobs are generally less expensive and easier to work with from a design perspective, as they are less significant to the overall look of a cabinet.
- Pulls are generally more expensive than knobs and significant to the overall appearance or design of a cabinet.
- Pulls tend to be more appealing from a handling standpoint for some homeowners.
Choosing between durability and beauty.
- Swapping out kitchen hardware is financially friendly, so why not take a risk?
- There is no other single thing in a kitchen renovation that packs as much punch as changing the cabinet hardware.
- Pulls and knobs with large overhands or profiles can easily get caught on clothing.
- From an aesthetic standpoint, if the design or size of the hardware overshadows the kitchen, then it is too big.
- The hardware needs to be easily gripped.
- Since pulls tend to have a short profile, you need to make it easy for people with larger hands to use.
Are you remodeling your kitchen? Ready to find the perfect hardware and other materials?
When you’re renovating your kitchen, every detail is important. Our experienced designers and builders at HomeWorks are dedicated to bringing every element together to create the perfect space for you. We understand that remodeling your home is a big commitment, and we focus on communicating and collaborating with you every step of the way. If you have questions or want to learn more about how we work, give us a call at 574-842-9675 or contact us online today. We can’t wait to hear about your project!