With our diminishing building space and fast-rising land prices, the return of the basement makes sound economic sense. So why are they still so rare in new houses in the Greater Michiana area?
Today it is estimated that less than two percent of new homes being built in the US have basements, although as many as seven percents make use of sloping sites to build a partially submerged basement. Nevertheless, they are becoming less rare. Many self-builders are seeing the obvious advantages of going down to provide extra space as plots get smaller and more expensive. Basement remodeling in Greater Michiana is a complicated undertaking. That’s why it pays to be sure of the benefits you’ll reap before hiring a home improvement company in Greater Michiana. Since it requires an initial investment, you’ll want to make certain the upfront cost is worth it.
Here are some of the benefits provided by basement remodeling.
- Basement remodeling boosts the property value because it increases your usable square footage. By adding to the rooms that can be used in your home, you’re also taking on dollars to the amount you can sell it for, should you choose to do so.
- Homes with finished basements are attractive to potential buyers and real estate agents. An extra bedroom or game room in the basement is a big selling point, making basement remodeling one of the top home renovations.
- Basement-remodeling. One often overlooked the benefit of finishing the basement is that it will often increase energy efficiency. This is because contractors will install insulation, drywall, and other items designed to keep the air inside the home. Proper insulation will eliminate drafts and reduce the amount of hot/cold air escaping from an unfinished basement.
- Many invest in basement remodeling to add a comfortable room or two downstairs. Outfitting the basement with an extra bed and bath can give you a chance to house guests more often, giving acquaintances you haven’t seen in years an excuse to come to visit. Perhaps you want to create a quiet office for working from home; although these aren’t financial benefits, they increase the comfort of your household.
- Because of some of the advantages previously mentioned, basement remodeling offers a relatively sound return on your investment. Homeowners will find that due to the increased savings, added curb appeal, and property value boost, they can make nearly all of their investment back in a few short years.
Basement remodeling boosts your home’s resale value and greatly improve its aesthetics. To learn more about how renovating your basement adds to curb appeal, HomeWorks Restoration & Remodeling, is happy to share their experience. We have been outfitting residents in the community with home design and building services in Mishawaka, Goshen, South Bend, Elkhart, Granger, Osceola, Middlebury, Benton Harbor, Constantine, Dowagiac, Berrien Springs, Niles, and Three Rivers. Call us today.